Thursday, January 29

a new star?



He has not yet made a huge name for himself but Aliks is known for his kpop mashups and remixes that can be found on Facebook, Myspace, and Youtube.
Interview starts here How did you get started with remixing kpop? It was just all for personal use really. I just posted it to show a friend or two so that they could critique my skills and people just one day started subscribing/adding me. haha I'm still not very used to it. it was sort of all accidental, but I'm glad that people like it. Do you DJ anywhere live? I actually just DJ for fun, never got the chance to DJ for a huge audience or anything though. I do have my mixes played at clubs though by other DJ friends. I'm learning to DVDJ at the moment too. Ever think about doing any production yourself? Like non-remixes? Perhaps when I have time in the summer and find a singer to work with. Time being, I'm just putting beats I've made so far and altering them with Korean tracks that seem to fit. So how long does it usually take you to remix a song? If it's a mashup like 5-30 minutes depending on how finished I want it to sound. But if it's a full out remix probably 5 hours at the very least and maybe 30 hours at the very most. Never at one time though. If you haven't had a chance to hear Aliks' remixes, then check out his profile in the Media Trade - Aliks. credits: allkpop + A.N.S

No comments: