Monday, July 18

Statement from the Avex-Affiliated Artist “Roy” Who Took “Wasurenaide” ..


Today it was revealed that a Chinese artist with the alias of “Roy” had been set to release a single with Jaejoong’s self-composed song Wasurenaide. His album cover from his own Weibo indicated that he was Avex-affiliated. He also obtained clean instrumentals for Wasurenaide onto which he could overlap his voice. This single was set to release tomorrow. See here for more information.



Roy wrote in his weibo the following:
Regarding the song , I would like everyone to calm down. I understand your feelings. I’ll make an official statement shortly and the song will be temporarily cast aside. This matter has nothing to do with any media company. Do not implicate them! I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Sorry! Please understand!
And then, he wrote the following statement:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Hi everyone, I am 左其铂. Please give me some time to clarify this incident.
Because the song has been prematurely leaked online, many TVXQ’s fans have expressed unhappiness over (my) remake of Korean singer, composer and songwriter Kim jaejoong’s Japanese song .
I hereby make an apology.
I am also aware that this song bears too much stories and memories for you, and I believe I will join your united and warm big family, because like yourselves, I like kim jaejoong. I like his talent and vocals. Kim jaejoong is also my idol and role model.
Therefore, we will cautiously handle all problems relating to , we will try to reach an agreement with Kim Jaejoong himself.
Cassiopeia, be rest assured. From now on, the song will be cast aside, it will not be released nor performed prior to an agreement being made.
Also, as a disclaimer:
Composed by: Kim Jaejoong
Lyrics (Chinese) : 左其铂/魏苏
OT: 忘れないで
I did not expect this to happen, and failed to consider the feelings of TVXQ’s fans.
I hereby apologize and hope to be forgiven!!!
In addition, this has nothing to do with 天娱 media, AVEX, S.M. Entertainment.
There are no relations at all, it’s not what it’s rumoured to be, that avex sold jaejoong’s song.
Hope everyone understands. Do not wrongly accuse the companies who are not involved. If anything, you can blame me. Because it is I who chose to sing the song, so I should be the one held responsible.
We will respect the rights of the composer.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused! I lacked consideration! Sorry!
Thank you! Hope everyone can give me a chance! Do not pursue this matter any further!
2011/7/18
左其铂
http://weibo.com/n/左其铂
Roy confirms one thing long-suspected. Roy and Avex failed to obtain the consent of Jaejoong before using Wasurenaide. The single was to release tomorrow. If the fans had not intervened, the song without Jaejoong’s consent would have been officially on the market for monetary gain.
Second, we doubt that we are not the only ones sickened by his placation and appeal to emotions of “fans” as a fellow fan. But his personal good feelings towards Kim Jaejoong, even if genuine, does not excuse him and has nothing to do with why one should be exonerated. Further, the fans are not the ones he should be apologizing to. It is Jaejoong.
Third, this Avex-affiliated artist, whose album cover clearly states that he is Avex-affiliated and who must have received clean instrumentals of the song from Avex, claims that Avex is uninvolved. This defies logic and is difficult to accept.
Fourth, Roy admonishes– “do not pursue this matter any further!” He should realize that what he was about to do is not something that can simply be swept under the carpet. 
We are relieved that Jaejoong’s own Wasurenaide will escape clear rights violations, but one thing is clear– a holey statement such as this achieves little.
Source左其铂’s weibo
Translation credit: @white_faith
Shared byJYJ3

No comments: