Wednesday, February 18

A 'Curious Girl' Yuri, who would check what her side dish was for lunch during 1st hour.



“She’s so mischievous. She just never stops pulling pranks on us. She would always put a fake bug on our beds. One time she even tied all our shoes and ran away” (Sooyoung)

In response to Sooyoung’s complaint, Yuri merely laughed. Yuri replied “Heeing~ I don’t know. It’s so fun, I can’t help myself”. All members were dumbfounded by Yuri’s response, but soon they all giggled.

She can play baseball, basketball, and various other sports. When Yuri pitched at a baseball event, her skilled pitching surprised everyone. People said her pitching reminded them of a major league baseball player Kim Byunghun and gave her the nickname ‘BK Yuri’. An athletic Yuri is also very playful and has a bright personality.

“Sometimes, I’m curious about who I am. I think my personality is like a kaleidoscope, because my personality has various aspects.” said Yuri as she fidgeted with her fingers. Then her eyes flashed.

“Since I was little, I had so much curiosity over everything. It really bothers me when I don’t try out everything. You know how there’s a kid who is always curious about what his/her mom packed for lunch? I was that kid; I would always open my lunch during 1st hour”. (laughs)

She tried out acting by being on a sitcom ‘Unstoppable Marriage’ in 2007. Yuri said, “I wanted to try out everything: acting, singing, and dancing. That’s because I’m curious about what my limit is”. I guess her endless curiosity is responsible for her endless talent.

“I want to try out something, which people don’t expect me to try out. Also, I would like to be in an unimaginable situation." added Yuri. However, she doesn’t have a greed for worldly pleasures.

“Even though people may say I don’t have the mindset of a professional, I’m not really interested in things like ‘1 million album sales’ or ‘Promoting Overseas’. I just want to do something which will bring joy to people. If you didn’t know, I’m a happy virus. I think you’re already infected by it. Are you ok?”

credits: ANS + D O L C E
written by Song Hyejin enavel@chosun.com
picture by Kim Seungwan wanfoto@chosun.com
translation by cathode@soshified.com/forums

No comments: