Girls’ Generation is YesAsia’s top selling artist in both Korean & Japanese Music ..
Asian entertainment online retail company, YesAsia recently released their music sales ranking for the year 2011. The ladies of Girls’ Generation showed their tremendous popularity with overseas fans as they took the #1 spots for both Korean and Japanese Music. Additionally, Hallyu’s strength was also shown in that many Korean artists such as SHINee, TVXQ, INFINITE, Jang Geun Suk, and 2PM took various spots in the categories: BEST-SELLING J-POP ALBUMS, BEST-SELLING J-POP SINGLES,and BEST-SELLING ARTISTS with their Japanese releases.
Check out the rankings below!
Korean music sales in 2011 can be summarized with two words: Girls’ Generation. The super girl group topped both YesAsia’s K-pop album and DVD bestsellers in 2011, while male groups occupied the rest of the charts. JYJ and Super Junior both rank in twice on album bestsellers, and Big Bang members alone managed to take three of the top ten spots on both the album and DVD charts.” – YesAsia
BEST-SELLING K-POP ALBUMS
1. Girls’ Generation THE BOYS 2. Super Junior MR. SIMPLE / A-CHA 3. JYJ IN HEAVEN 4. Big Bang BIG BANG SPECIAL EDITION 5. Big Bang 4TH MINI ALBUM 6. BEAST FICTION AND FACT 7. Dong Bang Shin Ki KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN 8. JYJ THEIR ROOMS 9. GD & TOP THE FIRST ALBUM 10. Super Junior BONAMANA
BEST-SELLING K-POP DVDS
1. Girls’ Generation ALL ABOUT GIRLS’ GENERATION 2. Girls’ Generation INTO THE NEW WORLD 3. Big Bang 2011 BIG SHOW 4. Super Junior SUPER SHOW 2 5. Super Junior SUPER SHOW 3 6. Tae Yang 2010 SOLAR LIVE 7. Dong Bang Shin Ki ALL ABOUT TVXQ 3 8. YG Family 2010 YG FAMILY LIVE 9. GD & TOP PLAY WITH GD & TOP 10. Kim Jun Su MUSICAL CONCERT: LEVAY WITH FRIENDS
BEST-SELLING FEMALE ARTISTS
1. Girls’ Generation 2. 2NE1 3. After School 4. IU 5. T-ara 6. f(x) 7. Kara 8. Wonder Girls 9. Secret 10. miss A
BEST-SELLING MALE ARTISTS
1. Super Junior 2. Big Bang 3. JYJ 4. Dong Bang Shin Ki 5. SHINee 6. BEAST 7. Infinite 8. CNBLUE 9. 2PM 10. GD & TOP
The power of the Korean Wave in the Japanese music world could clearly be felt in 2011, as Girls’ Generation, SHINee, TVXQ, and other popular Korean artists dominated the music charts. Johnny’s artists like Arashi and KAT-TUN nevertheless remained big favorites among J-pop fans, while Hamasaki Ayumi continued her reign as the most popular solo female artist. Check out the charts below to see if your favorites made the list!” – YesAsia
BEST-SELLING J-POP ALBUMS
1. Girls’ Generation GIRLS’ GENERATION 2. Arashi BEAUTIFUL WORLD 3. Dong Bang Shin Ki TONE 4. SHINee THE FIRST 5. Yamashita Tomohisa SUPERGOOD SUPERBAD 6. Hamasaki Ayumi FIVE 7. YUI HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE 8. Amuro Namie CHECKMATE! 9. Hamasaki Ayumi LOVE SONGS 10. Koda Kumi DEJAVU
BEST-SELLING J-POP SINGLES
1. Girls’ Generation MR. TAXI / RUN DEVIL RUN 2. SHINee JULIETTE 3. SHINee REPLAY – KIMI WA BOKU NO EVERYTHING 4. Akanishi Jin ETERNAL 5. Infinite BTD (BEFORE THE DAWN) 6. Arashi LOTUS 7. KAT-TUN BIRTH 8. Jang Keun Suk LET ME CRY 9. KAT-TUN WHITE 10. SHINee LUCIFER